IPS and Somalution Body Revolution both agree that fundamental keys to good overall health are:
- Eating Better
- Sleeping Better
- Moving More
- Managing Stress Better
This workout program is an example of how you can go beyond simply “Moving More” and become really fit and strong- in the comfort of your own home.
The Fact that you selected this booklet means that you are already moving to some extent, so WELL DONE!
Working out at home, and using bodyweight exercises to do so has many benefits:
- Saves time- no driving up and down to gym.
- Saves money- no expensive gym fees & petrol costs.
- Convenience- train in your own home, at the office, on the beach, in the park or anywhere else you may find yourself. And this at your own convenience- 4am, 4pm or whatever time suits your schedule.
TRAINING SPACE & SETUP
You need a 2x2M space in your home (or anywhere else you choose) to use as your workout area. Keep a sweat towel and water handy. Working out in sport shoes, or “tekkies” is recommended, although many people work out barefoot indoors or on grass. Do NOT work out in socks, as they tend to be a little slippery and may get you hurt.
Monitoring your progress over time is critical to keep you motivated! You can monitor in traditional ways like weighing yourself, or measuring cm’s, but you can also measure yourself in fun, practical ways like:
- Seeing how many reps of an exercise you can do.
- Increasing intensity to measure calories burned.