4 large eggs, beaten
1 tsp. vanilla extract
160g dark chocolate, cut into pieces
½ cup coconut oil, melted
1/3 cup cocoa
¼ cup coconut flour
1 cup almond flour
1 tsp. baking powder
A pinch of salt
½ cup pecan nuts, chopped
Method – Bake for 15 minutes
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and grease a small baking dish with cooking spray.
- Melt the chocolate over a water bath until smooth.
- In a large bowl, combine the cocoa, coconut flour, almond flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add the vanilla and coconut oil to the eggs and mix.
- Stir the chocolate into the egg mixture (ensure that the chocolate is not too hot!).
- Pour the chocolate and egg mixture into the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Stir in ¾ of the pecan nuts. Pour the batter into the prepared baking tray and top with the remaining pecan nuts.
- Bake in the oven for 15 – 20 minutes. Allow to cool before cutting up into squares.
Recipe by Tessa Purdon.