Time: 25 minutes.
Serves 6 – 8.
- ¼ cup butter
- ⅓ cup honey
- 4 large cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (juice of ½ a lemon)
- 2kg of salmon
- Sea salt, to taste
- Cracked pepper, to taste (optional)
- Lemon slices (to serve)
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley
- Position a rack in the middle of the oven. Preheat oven to 190°C. Line a baking tray or sheet with a large piece of foil, big enough to fold over and seal to create a packet (or 2 long pieces of foil over lapping each other lengthways to create your salmon packet, depending on the width of you fillet).
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter over low-medium heat. Add the honey, garlic and lemon, and whisk until the honey has melted through the butter and the mixture is well combined.
- Place the salmon onto lined baking tray or sheet. Pour the butter/honey mixture over the salmon, and using a pastry brush or spoon, spread evenly over the salmon. Sprinkle with a good amount of salt (about 2 teaspoons) and cracked pepper. Fold the sides of the foil over the salmon to cover and completely seal the packet closed so the butter does not leak.
- Bake until cooked through (about 15-18 minutes). Open the foil, being careful of any escaping steam, and grill for 2-3 minutes on medium heat to caramelize the top. Garnish with parsley and serve immediately with lemon slices.
- Can be served with a side of vegetables or a salad of your choice.