This Lacto-vegetarian tart is a complete show stopper and is such a guilt-free recipe and a wonderful side dish to your festive table. It is so quick and tasty, and the compliments will stream in as if you are a gourmet chef!
The tart base can be used for sweet tarts as well (for example melktert or lemon meringue). You are welcome!
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Preparation time: 25 minutes
- 250g mixed seeds (Any seeds you prefer, such as flax, sesame, sunflower, pumpkin, chia seeds)
- ¼ cup of Tahini
- 400 g can butter beans in brine, drained and mashed
- 150g broccoli
- 100g butternut (cut into 1cm cubes)
- ½ red onion
- 15 ml balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 250g plain medium fat cream cheese
- 100g almonds toasted, roughly chopped
- Preheat the oven to 180⁰C.
- Place the seed mix, tahini and butterbeans into a large bowl and mix until well combined and sticky. You may use a food processor for this step as well.
- Press the mixture into the bottom of a 20cm tart dish to form a base. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Steam the broccoli and butternut for 5 – 10 minutes (should not be completely soft).
- Meanwhile, caramelise the red onion in the balsamic vinegar and brown sugar.
- Heat a grill pan until very hot. Brush the broccoli and butternut with some olive oil and chargrill until slightly softer.
- Mix the cream cheese to just incorporate air, add to the base and lay the broccoli, butternut and caramelised onions on top.
- Top with the chopped almonds and drizzle with some olive oil.
- Can be served warm or cold! Enjoy