This veggie rice wrap is a very easy and wonderful recipe that I always give my clients as a go-to quick snack or lunch option. And perhaps the best bonus is that you don’t need electricity for this, so it is a perfect load shedding alternative! For a lunch option, feel free to add a lean protein.
- 1 carrot, julienned
- 1 avocado, cut into 8 lengths
- 2 spring onions, julienned
- ½ yellow pepper, julienned
- ½ red pepper, julienned
- 2 red radishes, grated
- Handful fresh coriander
- 1 small cucumber, julienned
- Assorted sprouts (lentils and bean sprouts)
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 8 rice wraps
Any other veggie you would like to add, the more colourful the better!
- 2 chillies, deseeded and finely chopped
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp honey
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- Ground black pepper
- For the sauce – mix all ingredients together.
- Place each rice wrap in some cold water for a few seconds.
- Remove and place on damp towel.
- Divide the ingredients between the sheets and fold.
- Cut in half and serve with dipping sauce.