Baby quiches (crustless)
Serves: 12 quiches
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 tbs canola oil
- 300g frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
- 2/3 cup of any protein of choice
(finely chopped ham / cooked chicken cubes / prepared mince / etc)
- 5 eggs
- 1 cup cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Prepare a 12 x muffin pan (non-stick spray or butter)
- In a large skillet, sauté onion and mushroom in oil until tender.
- Add spinach and protein.
- Cook and stir until the excess moisture is evaporated.
- Cool slightly.
- Beat eggs. Add salt, pepper and cheese and stir well.
- Stir in spinach mixture. Blend well.
- Spread evenly into a prepared muffin pan.
- Bake for 20 min or until a knife inserted near the centre comes out clean.
Healthy banana bread
Preparation time: 5 mins
Cooking time: 50 mins
Serves: 1 loaf (12 slices)
- 2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 4 ripe bananas, mashed
- ⅔cup muscovado sugar
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- Preheat the oven to 180°C
- Spray a loaf pan with cooking spray. Set aside.
- To a large bowl, add white whole wheat flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt. Stir together and set aside.
- To a medium bowl, add mashed bananas, sugar, canola oil, vanilla extract and 2 eggs. Whisk together until smooth.
- Pour wet mixture over dry ingredients. Using a spatula stir all the ingredients together.
- Pour the banana bread mixture into the prepared loaf pan. Smooth out to make sure the batter is even.
- Place in oven and bake for 45-50 minutes. Until it passes the toothpick test and comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 10 minutes before devouring!