Boujee is hip-hop slang for something “luxurious in lifestyle yet humble in character” – and this salad is just that! Simply luxurious and perfect to impress, yet humble and easy enough to throw together just for yourself as well.
The amounts are not measured so that you can chop and change as needed! Enjoy!
- A handful of baby spinach leaves
- Basil leaves (chopped to bring out flavour)
- Cucumber ribbons*
- Use a vegetable peeler to carefully slice the cucumber lengthwise into long, thin ribbons.
- Sundried tomatoes (halved)
- Julienne peppers
- Beans (chickpeas, kidney beans, cannellini beans, etc.)
- Spring onions (chopped) or a red onion (diced)
- Sprinkle with a few roasted seeds (sunflower, sesame, pumpkin, flax, etc.)
Cajun Cashew Dressing
- 1/3 cup (45g) raw cashews, soaked for 1 hour
- 1 lime, juiced (30-40ml)
- 2 tsp (10g) Cajun spice
- 2 Tbsp (30ml) water
- Prepare the salad ingredients and either arrange on a serving dish or salad bowl.
- Add the Cajun cashew dressing ingredients to a food processor or blender and blend on high until smooth. Add more water if needed to reach your desired consistency.
- Top the salad with the dressing and enjoy!